Show Me Your Glory
“Please, show me Your glory.” Exodus
- What was Moses asking God for?
- Religion seeks to know God through rigid rules and religious structures
- Religion-To replace a genuine relationship with God With works and traditions. When people operate out of a religious spirit they attempt to earn salvation with good works
- Moses wanted more than rules and rigid relationship. He knew there was more to it. He asks. “I want you to show me who you are “
“Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth— For your love is better than wine. Because of the fragrance of your good ointments, Your name is ointment poured forth; Therefore the virgins love you. Draw me away! We will run after you. The king has brought me into his chambers.” Song of Solomon
- Based on these scriptures and many others we see that there is more than just some superficial religious form with no power
- “having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!”II Timothy
- Our God is seeking an intimacy with His creation and wants us to enter our rest of labor and enjoy intimacy
- “Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.” Hebrews
- “Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.” Hebrews
- “And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.”Hebrews
- “This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil, where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.” Hebrews
- Knocking on the door with perseverance for intimacy. Never quit. Knowing God’s is behind the veil.
- “Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” Hebrews
This is a relationship
- God also want to see your face!
- “O my dove, in the clefts of the rock, In the secret places of the cliff, Let me see your face, Let me hear your voice; For your voice is sweet, And your face is lovely.” Song of Solomon
- Intimacy is in the secret place! Prayer!
- “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.” Psalms
- Religion-tradition absent of intimacy -“And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.” Matthew
Prayer empty or void of His person
- Show me your face!
- “I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, If you find my beloved, That you tell him I am lovesick!” Song of Solomon
- Show me Your face!
- “As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God.” Psalms
- Our heart is sick without His face.