- Persistent-Refusing to give up or let go; persevering obstinately. Insistently repetitive or continuous. Existing or remaining in the same state for an indefinitely long time; enduring.
- Mark 7:24-30. Vs 26. She kept asking
- Matt 7:7. Ask, seek and knock
- D.L. Moody wrote Jesus cannot be expected to answer runaway knocks. He has never promised it. I mean to keep knocking, knocking, until he cannot help opening the door. Too often, we not get mercies door and then run away, instead of waiting for an Entrance and an answer. We act as if we were afraid of having our prayers answered. A great many people praying that way, they do not wait for the answer. Our Lord teaches us here that we are not only to ask, but we are to wait for the answer, if it does not come, we must seek to find out the reason. We are to ask with a beggars humility, to seek with a servants carefulness, and to knock with the confidence of a friend
- Unanswered prayer should be followed up with a why? Where am I missing it?
- “And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”Matthew 21:22 NKJV
- “Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.”Mark 11:24 NKJV
- “And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.” John 14:13 NKJV
- “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.”John 15:7 NKJV
- “Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.” John 16:24 NKJV
- “Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.” I John 5:14-15 NKJV
- Hindrances to prayers
- “You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.” James 4:3 NKJV
- “Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.” Psalms 37:4 NKJV
- “And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.” I John 3:22 NKJV
- Prayer that works
- “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;” Philippians 4:6 NKJV
- “‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’” Jeremiah 33:3 NKJV
- “Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:12-13 NKJV
- Luke 18:1-8. Unjust judge
- When The son of man comes will He really find faith on the earth?
Pastor Chuck Salvo of On Fire Christian Church in Louisville, Ky. has been the shepherd of On Fire since 2001. We are a church who believes in worshiping the King of Kings fully and whole-heartedly. Our purpose is to exemplify Jesus in everything we do. We care about building Godly relationships & leading people closer to the Lord in every aspect of life. Join us Sunday Mornings at 10:30, Sunday Nights at 7 & Wednesday Nights at 7.
Check out Pastor Chuck Salvo on Instagram | @pastorchucksalvo
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/chucksalvo.net
On Fire Christian Church Instagram | @onfire.cc
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/onfire.cc
Online | onfirecc.org
FIREWRSHP Instagram | @firewrshp
Abba Missions Instagram | @abbamissions