- “And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.”Acts
- The death of Jesus is ever so important in our faith but without a resurrection we would be dead in our sin
- “And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.” I Corinthians
- John 20:11-31 Mary at the tomb and sees Jesus
- “but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.”John
- Believing not only in His atoning death but His resurrection is necessary
- What does His resurrection mean for us?
- Life! The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms
- His resurrection produces eternal life!
- “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.”John
- “And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life.”I John
- “And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.”John
- “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”Romans
- “He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”John
- This life comes only through the Son of God
- “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”Matthew
- “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”Acts
- “These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.”I John
- “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”John
- The weeding out of liars!
- “And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.”I John
- “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?” Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.” John
Pastor Chuck Salvo of On Fire Christian Church in Louisville, Ky. has been the shepherd of On Fire since 2001. We are a church who believes in worshiping the King of Kings fully and whole-heartedly. Our purpose is to exemplify Jesus in everything we do. We care about building Godly relationships & leading people closer to the Lord in every aspect of life. Join us Sunday Mornings at 10:30, Sunday Nights at 7 & Wednesday Nights at 7.
Check out Pastor Chuck Salvo on Instagram | @pastorchucksalvo
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/chucksalvo.net
On Fire Christian Church Instagram | @onfire.cc
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/onfire.cc
Online | onfirecc.org
FIREWRSHP Instagram | @firewrshp
Abba Missions Instagram | @abbamissions